Friday, May 20, 2011

The end of the world as I know it?

I hear the world is going to end tomorrow at 6 p.m. (Apparently it will end at 6 p.m. local time worldwide: a rolling rapture.) If there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that I am not among the chosen who will ascend to heaven.

I'm fascinated by the ongoing discussions everyone is having online about what to wear to the rapture. What does one wear to such an event? Cocktail dresses seem to be the outfit of choice for the ladies, and I say that's bogus. If you're headed for heaven, wouldn't a nice bathrobe be more appropriate? For those of us left behind, I think a good pair of jeans, a warm shirt, and some running shoes might be a smart idea. Right now seems like a good time to make sure my emergency preparedness kit is in order; maybe I'll have time tomorrow to run over to Target on my break and stock up on some supplies. Although how exactly one prepares for the onset of Armageddon I have no idea . . .

No comments: