Friday, December 09, 2011

The Twelve Books of Christmas, Part 2

Sometimes it can be hard to talk to your family and friends, even about the most trivial things. This book of questions provides dozens of thought-provoking icebreakers to get the conversation started. One I opened to randomly: "What were you totally unaware of about yourself until someone said something?" I was unaware of my tendency to pronounce certain words (frontier, cereal) in a way that other folks apparently find highly amusing; thank goodness nobody has yet called me on hamburger (which I now notice I pronounce "hambooger"). Other questions: "Who have you gone to for advice that, admittedly, can't even get their own shit together?" and "What's the first movie you saw that you were too young to see?" Fun stuff, and another perfect stocking stuffer.

No comments: