Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

This is my mom, my older brother John, and me, circa late 1966. Mom died in 1996 so I can't wish her a happy Mother's Day, but I think about her every day and often reflect that she did a pretty good job raising us, especially considering she had four kids between 1964 and 1967. I don't know how she did it without losing her mind -- that alone probably qualifies her for sainthood, let alone mother of the year.

I don't have anything profound to say about her. I just miss her and wish she were around to talk to.

4 comments:

Lucy said...

Damn. I almost made it through a Mother's Day without crying. Ya got me!

BTW, I happen to think your Mom did and excellent job too. You're living proof.

Lucy said...

Damn. I almost made it through a Mother's Day without crying. Ya got me!

BTW, I happen to think your Mom did and excellent job too. You're living proof.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Lucy...your mom did a great job!

Anonymous said...

Well, like Lucy, you got me, too. What a precious picture to have. And yes, I think your Mom did an amazing job, too!