Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Book of the week

I love it when a longtime favorite comes back into print! My parents gave me a copy of Jane-Emily for Christmas when I was eleven years old, and I stayed up late Christmas night reading it. The story so unnerved me that I made our dog, Tiger, stay in the room next to my bed while I read; he lay there patiently, letting me pet him as I turned the pages. Only when I finally finished and turned off the light did Tiger pad down the hallway to my sound asleep parents' bedroom and his usual spot for the night.

1 comment:

Lucy said...

OH MY GOD! I had completely forgotten about that book. I read it around that age too. I can't even remember the story but I know it creeped me out and scared the bejesus out of me. Maybe I'll give it go since it will be new to me. Ahh, the thrill of getting old and not remembering a damn thing.