Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Fiddling around

I have a new-ish phone, and I've been having fun fiddling around with the camera. I found a free app called Vignette that adds cool distressing and light-intensifying effects to pictures.


This is the current view from one of my kitchen windows. The row of Buddha Beer bottles is actually kind of pretty in this light.

This is some kind of tree in Eagle Rock that is in bloom right now. Tiny white blossoms were drifting around it like a localized snowstorm, although you can't see any of them in this photo.
Here's a thunbergia (Black-eyed Susan vine) that was blooming outside my back door a few weeks ago. The pathetic sticks in the pot are actually a nutmeg plant that has sprung back to life after a brief winter dormancy and is now in bloom, too. I'll try to get a picture of its teensy pink flowers soon.

No comments: