Thursday, February 17, 2011

Book of the week

A couple of these recipes don't sound too appetizing (Chocolate Fries? Tofu Fries?), but I wouldn't send back the Mustard Fries, Fresh Green Bean Fries, Cincinnati Chili Cheese Fries, or Greek Fries if they were delivered to my table. I'm especially intrigued by Bistec a lo Pobre, a Chilean recipe that includes fries, steak, sauteed onions, and a fried egg. French Fries also includes a nice little chapter on dips and sauces. Suddenly my healthy soup and fresh fruit lunch doesn't sound so appetizing.

2 comments:

Laura W. said...

You will be planting all sorts of new things in your garden to satisfy the ingredient list in the book. Those are sweet potato fries on the cover which I adore.

Pile Girl said...

I would be tempted to try the chocolate fries. Last summer at the state fair, I HAD to try the chocolate-covered bacon.