Thursday, July 30, 2009

Best email EVER

I recently lent my pal Lucy my copy of The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters, a superbly-written and subtly creepy ghost story. This morning I found the following email in my inbox:

"It's past midnight and something/someone is tapping and writing "ss sss sssss" all over the walls in that cursed book. I'll never get any sleep now because I'm completely freaked out. I wish that dumb bear would wander by just to add some levity to the night. Daaaaaaamn youuuuuuu, Shandon! *shaking fist in air* Daaaaaaaaaamn youuuuuuuu!"

***UPDATE*** 1:40 p.m. Received the following email 20 minutes ago:

"What the hell is with the little feet running up and down the hall outside the nursery?! WTF?!!!! I just found out that Mom and Dad are going to one of Dad's bird meeting tonight. You know what that means... me... alone.. with that God damn book. I am so screwed."

1 comment:

kb said...

I love it!! Sounds like a book that is right up my alley. And one to be read at noon rather than at midnight. Crazy Lucy!