Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Countdown to the Oscars

Who will win? I think Kate Winslet will finally take home her little gold man; I'll go out on a limb and predict Mickey Rourke beating Sean Penn in the best actor race; I'm guessing that Slumdog Millionaire, the underdog-turned-900-pound-gorilla, will be deemed the finest picture of 2008. I can't remember a year more devoid of suspense, but you can be sure I'll be there for every minute of the ceremony on Sunday evening (that is, if the cable guy successfully fixes whatever is causing the severe snowstorm on all the channels below 100).

My
favorite movies of the past year were Iron Man and Let the Right One In. How about you?

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Oooo, I completely forgot about "Let the Right On In". I never saw it but you better believe it's going to the top of my Netflix list.

Favorites? Well, you know I really liked "The Reader". Beyond that, I don't remember much about the last year. I agree with you on "Iron Man" though. Great flick.