Tuesday, April 01, 2008

"Always Marry an April Girl" by Ogden Nash

In honor of National Poetry Month, I thought I'd share one of my favorite verses. My poetical tastes are not highfalutin', as this charming Ogden Nash ditty demonstrates.

I'm not crazy enough to attempt NaBloPoMo again this month, as March was an utter failure for me. But I'm intrigued by this month's theme: letters. Personal letters? I have none to share. But letterforms? That's the idea that grabbed me. I'm a true fontaholic, with 800+ fonts installed on my computer at work and a few more than that at home. "Always Marry an April Girl," as I've presented it, is actually a gif, set in a font called True Golden. True Golden is based on the typeface Golden, which was created by the brilliant William Morris for his publishing venture, the Kelmscott Press. It's such a beautiful font that it's one of the few I've paid hard cash for in order to add it to my collection.

No comments: