Monday, December 03, 2007

Sap

This morning, I had to find out who was performing the Christmas songs we've been listening to in the store all week. The mystery singer has a soaring, untrained-but-passionate voice reminiscent of Andrea Bocelli. His rendition of "Silent Night" is masterful. The receptionist told me it was Josh Groban, and I found a copy of his CD Noel on the music display. I stared into his soulful dark eyes and admired his carefully tousled locks. I put the CD in my box and caught the book department manager's eye as I did so. I smiled guiltily.

"I have a feeling there's a certain cheese factor here that I don't know about," I said.

He took the CD and regarded it solmenly before handing it back to me. "I'd say there's a cheese factor of about three," he said.

"On a scale of one to ten?"

"No. One to three."

No comments: