Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I love my manager

Yesterday I was looking for the store manager and asked our stationery/gift buyer if she had seen A. anywhere in the store that morning.

"Oh yeah, she's working today," N. said. "The last time I saw her, she was on her phone, trying to get us a liquor license."

**** LATER ****

A. came into the office a little while ago, looking tired. She had just finished a 20-minute phone conversation with an angry customer. The woman was upset by the bookstore's trafficking with the devil, i.e. our clearly occult-worshipful Halloween merchandise displays.

"Sorry," I said, meaning I was sorry A. had to deal with this customer's idiocy.

"No, it's all right," said A. "I told her we were very pro-Satan. I find it's easiest just to cut to the chase with these people."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's quite a regime change.

Anonymous said...

that was me, linda, above.

Anonymous said...

Will these people EVER get over themselves?! Since when did ideas, notions, and innocent actions become so awful? What are these folks afraid of? "Occult section" eh? Well, not that many years ago (a little over 2000), there was an emerging one called the Jesus Cult. So there you GO! Free thinkers unite. Go Shandon, Go! Thanks for telling this story! It is only the weak, gelatinous pansies that can't handle the religions of others. Big dopes anyway.