Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Smell ya later

I've been battling a cold for three days now, and while I feel a lot better, I'm still pretty congested and unable to smell much.

At work today, a customer asked me if I could help her find something. "Sure," I said. She wanted to know what that wonderful smell was and where it was coming from. I had to tell her I had no idea what she was talking about.

Later, upstairs, I heard another customer say to her friend, "This place smells weird -- like perfume and popcorn." Since she was standing next to a bath products display and was (unbeknownst to her) about 20 feet from the employee breakroom, I wasn't surprised. But I couldn't smell anything.

The only aroma I picked up on today occurred during my walk back to my car when I got off work. I passed the Target gardening center, where they're selling Christmas trees, and I could smell the pine needles. It was divine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always feel bad for my grandmother, who has lost virtually all of her olfactory sense, and yet cooks and bakes the most amazing smelling stuff in the world.

"Wow, Grandma, that smells wonderful!"

"It does?"