Friday, October 27, 2006

Who's that girl?

My pal Chris over at Trooperdog found out that there are 187 people in the United States that share his first and last name; Will at Be the Boy shares his name with 8 people. I decided to follow their lead and pay a visit to How Many of Me? and learn how many people have the same name I do. According to the site, there are 341,964 people who share my first name and ZERO people who share my last name in the U.S. Hmmmm, I thought. The last time I checked, I was in the United States. My passport has my name on it and says I'm an American citizen. My siblings and cousins on my father's side might be surprised to discover that we don't seem to exist. I read the site's FAQs and learned that there's only an 81% probabilty of finding your exact name in their database and that the number of matches is just an approximation. What started out as an exciting search turns out to be a sorta lame exercise in futility.

But if I start to feel unnoticed, I guess I'll know why: officially, I may not be.

2 comments:

Will said...

You may now stop paying taxes.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I knew it wasn't accurate...but thought it was mildly fun to think about. Sorry you don't exist. I have another friend who doesn't exist either, so you two are in good company!